Mini Icons in Firefox Bookmarks Menu?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HiRez, Jun 1, 2006.

1. HiRez macrumors 603

Jan 6, 2004
    Western US
    Hi, I have recently switched from using Safari as my everyday browser to Firefox. So far so good mostly, however one thing I miss is the little mini site icons that appear next to every site name in Safari. I didn't realize how much those help in identifying sites in a long list until I changed to Firefox, which does not display the mini icons in the Bookmarks menus. Now strangely, when I bring up Firefox's Manage Bookmarks window, or the Bookmarks sidebar, the lists there do show the mini site icons, just as I want! But for some odd reason, the Bookmarks drop-down menu does not display them. Is there some way I'm missing to turn on that functionality, or a plugin that does it? Thanks.
  2. PatrickF macrumors 6502

Feb 16, 2006
    This really annoys me too. I know it can be done because Safari does it but the Firefox developers just don't seem interested. Oh, and I think even Camino does it and that's using the same rendering engine and comes from the same Mozilla camp!

I have managed to hack the theme file so that the icons at least show up in the bookmarks bar under the address but I have no idea how or when the bookmarks menu will get the icons.