mini iPod & Belkin media reader

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Dave00, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Dave00 macrumors 6502a

The Belkin media reader, which will allow you to download your digital photos to an iPod, does not work with the mini. Anyone know why or if there is a workaround? I already have a 2nd-gen iPod 20 gig that I love, but I'd really like to be able to download my photos to it. I don't want to buy a new iPod just to be able to download photos, but a Mini I could justify.

I'm curious as to whether this is related to the dock or the software. The dock is smaller on the iPod Mini, but I didn't get to see whether the port interface was actually smaller as well. It would seem that if this is a software issue, we might expect a fix sometime soon. If it's a hardware issue, it might be a longer wait.

Dave

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Apple posted an FAQ about the iPod Mini when it was announced last month. They explained that the iPod Mini will not work with the card reader or the voice recorder, and they plan to keep those features exclusive to the regular iPod. It's pretty clear from the FAQ that these features will not be implemented into the iPod Mini, and they have used different software and hardware that will prevent third-party manufacturer's from adding these features to the iPod Mini.

They did this simply to create diversification within the product line.