Mini Mac Question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Morg_NZ, May 7, 2005.

1. Morg_NZ macrumors newbie

Please excuse what may appear to be a simple question!!!!! It's my 3rd day with a Mac after taking the jump from working with PCs and I just need to ask this question

I have a 512 stick of 3200 ram at home!!! If I put it into my mini mac will it stuff it up OR will it run OK......I can accept that the 3200 ram will run at 2700 speed but anything else I need to worry about????, I'd go and by more ram but this stick of 3200 is still sealed in it's bubble wrap and never been used...seems a waste not to use it and the mini has only 256!!!! :confused:

2. Cold_Steel macrumors member

Hi mate,

welcome to the world of Mac.

Shouldnt be a problem, although whether or not you need to have paired RAM sticks with MAC im not sure. My bet: just do it, it wont fry it or anything, it will either register it or it wont.

Hope that helps (a bit).

Matt

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Mac mini only has 1 RAM slot, so using paired RAM is the only way... This should work fine though.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Doesn't the mini only have one slot? You'll have to replace whats in there, not add a new stick.

Also, Macs are sensitive with ram. It may work, it may not. It all depends on the chips on the stick. Give it a shot.

Edit: crazzyeddie is much faster than me.