mini refurb or mini amazon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by drewnamis, Oct 28, 2006.

1. drewnamis macrumors newbie

so b/c the rev b. macbooks are no where in sight (I really doubt they'll be released this year), and b/c the mbp c2d is too big/more than i want to pay, I'm thinking of getting a mac mini to tide me over until the mb rev bs come out.

I was set on getting a refurb 1.66 mini b/c, the apple store has a 1.66 core duo w/80gb hdd and superdrive for 700 shipped. When I checked out Amazon they had a 1.66 core duo w/60gb and combo for 575.

I'm thinking to myself, is it worth the extra 125 for 20gb hdd and superdrive? I could always upgrade the hdd and combo, but the last 2 combo to sd upgrades i've done left me wanting, b/c they were noisier.

ugh. and it's not that i can't afford the 700 guy. i just have a hard time justifying a 2ndary computer which will eventually become a media-ish pc when the rev b. macbooks come out.

any recs/thoughts?

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I just got a refurb 1.66 80GB SD from Apple for $649 and did the printer rebate promo with it.

3. drewnamis thread starter macrumors newbie

no need for a printer, though. the sales tax is the killer! if the refurb 1.66 was only 699 out the door, definitely i'd go that way, but the stupid sales tax makes the difference 125 bucks and hard to swallow. if only i lived in OR or DE.