iPad mini Mini screen more fragile than regular iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Night Spring, Feb 25, 2013.

1. macrumors G4

Night Spring

The mods closed the original thread, but I found this side issue interesting, so I thought I'd start a new thread on this.

I have to say I've never noticed this issue. I can see the point about iPhone 5 and the mini being easier to break if you drop them on a corner, which is why I got cases for both my 5 and the mini (and indeed for all my iDevices). But screen discolouring with pressure and feeling softer? I can't say I've noticed, but again, I put screen protectors on all my iDevices. Have other people noticed this issue? Has this been discussed before and I missed it?

2. macrumors 68000

Defender2010

Well, the second quote is bull. The Minis screen is flush, not like the raised iPhone 5. Ignore this rubbish and enjoy your devices.

3. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

The mini screen feels VERY thin. Pressing down on it makes it bend. And it feels kinda hollow only that's probably not the right word to describe it.

4. macrumors regular

Costino1

I agree 100%

It feels 'plasticy' and not glassy like the regular iPad.

5. macrumors 6502a

i just hope apple can make regular ipad lighter but not with the mini glass.

6. macrumors regular

It is thinner, but it's also smaller. It's not easy to say which of them is more durable. My feeling is that they're pretty similar.

7. macrumors 68000

TyPod

I agree. It does indeed feel a bit thinner, but I don't think it's something to be concerned about!