iPad mini Mini screen more fragile than regular iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Night Spring, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Jul 17, 2008
    The mods closed the original thread, but I found this side issue interesting, so I thought I'd start a new thread on this.

I have to say I've never noticed this issue. I can see the point about iPhone 5 and the mini being easier to break if you drop them on a corner, which is why I got cases for both my 5 and the mini (and indeed for all my iDevices). But screen discolouring with pressure and feeling softer? I can't say I've noticed, but again, I put screen protectors on all my iDevices. Have other people noticed this issue? Has this been discussed before and I missed it?
  2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Jun 6, 2010
    Well, the second quote is bull. The Minis screen is flush, not like the raised iPhone 5. Ignore this rubbish and enjoy your devices.
  3. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

Mar 19, 2012
    The mini screen feels VERY thin. Pressing down on it makes it bend. And it feels kinda hollow only that's probably not the right word to describe it.
  4. Costino1 macrumors 6502

Oct 1, 2012
    I agree 100%

It feels 'plasticy' and not glassy like the regular iPad.
  5. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Oct 22, 2012
    i just hope apple can make regular ipad lighter but not with the mini glass.
  6. bobbysmith macrumors regular

Nov 4, 2012
    It is thinner, but it's also smaller. It's not easy to say which of them is more durable. My feeling is that they're pretty similar.
  7. TyPod macrumors 68000

Nov 2, 2006
    And Yourself?
    I agree. It does indeed feel a bit thinner, but I don't think it's something to be concerned about!