Mini that wont charge

Discussion in 'iPod' started by native00, Jan 13, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

Mar 26, 2004
    San Diego
    I help a co-workers son with tranferring his songs to his mini every now and then. Today, I asked how he was doing with it, and she replied that it didn't work anymore. I told her to bring it by and that I would look at it, possibly needing to reset it.

She replied that they had taken it to the apple store and that they couldn't fix it (I know - doesn't sound good). The problem is that the iPod won't hold/take a charge because he left his backlight on. I thought this sounded odd and was wondering what some of you thought.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    Central Pennsylvania, USA
    I had the same problem, I had to send it in to Apple and they fixed it. Don't know what they did, but whatever it works fine now.

Try looking here:
  3. macrumors member

Sep 12, 2005
    Does it work when plugged directly into the Mac/PC? If so it may just be the battery, and I know that it can be less expensive to take care of that yourself. (I replaced my own Mini's battery once already and it was cheap and very easy.)

If it doesn't work when plugged into the Computer then it's probably the HD and it may be easiest just to upgrade to a Nano.