MiniDVD Camcorder to iMovie, getting late and urgent!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Flying Llama, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

So it's about 10:30 here in L.A, and I'm trying to somehow get my movie from my Sony DCR-DVD201 to iMovie. It uses mini-dvds and only has a usb port for stills.

Apparently, the only way to get the content onto my computer is to put the dvd and extract it, so I did. But it's just another VIDEO_TS folder which I can't seem to get iMovie to get. How is it possible to bring my content into iMovie!

I'm desperate and will try anything. This is for an urgent project tomorrow and any help is useful. Thanks!

2. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

Im not positive but I dont think its possible to edit footage from a minidvd camera. Not a great choice to buy if your going to edit. I do think its great for any household or family not wanted to author a dvd and just shoot occassions and have it readily available for themselves and others.

3. Flying Llama thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Yea I would never buy one it's my friend's... :(

4. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

Okay the easy way of doing it... you ready?

1.) Download Handbrake and proceed to copy the entire disk to your hard drive in mpeg-4 format.

wait there is only one step! Glad to see such an easy *read - time consuming* process..

kyle

5. Flying Llama thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Too late, I just downloaded cinematize ( too tired to find a link), extracting each chapter to mpeg-2 and bringing it in to iMovie for editing... but Cinematize just cost me $40... :(

But thank you all anyways! :)

It's now 12:30, but I started editing so I should be in bed by 2:00...