miniG5ized

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by VespR, Jan 5, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors 603

gekko513

Wow, that's an impressive amount of time and care used to make something that is so unnecessary and, in my opinion, mostly tacky.

Attached Files:

3. thread starter macrumors regular

And there's no G5 in it... :confused:

4. dcv
    macrumors G3

What a horrendously ugly case. And not particularly minimised is it? :rolleyes:

5. macrumors 6502

Yes, well thats one thing I can stand, people who think they need LEDs everywhere and a little portal to see the the inside... And that is quite big comparted to the Mac Mini, but then again no other computer compie that I know of has mastered the small size of the Mac Mini with the same type of features... This would be far nicer if it was just the G5 case just cut, and not added goofy things every where... I'd take a Dell Case over this :eek:

6. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I just threw up in my mouth, a lot. ™

7. macrumors 65816

20rogersc

What's the point? I would be more than happy if I owned a PMG5, and ruining it would be out of the question. I'm just jealous that he is able to waste a perfectly good mac. Tuh.

::20ROGERSC::

8. macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

Seems like lesser the taste more the time at hand…

9. macrumors 6502a

Erm, barebones PC's. Some are smaller than the Mac Mini, and far more powerful.

10. macrumors 603

gekko513

Show me a barebones PC that is smaller than the Mac mini.

11. macrumors 6502a

technocoy

uh...

show me one smaller and FAR more powerful. seriously i want to see it. and one thats not a friggin hack job slaughter.

12. macrumors 6502a

technocoy

lol

jinx!

13. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

It looks pretty bad, it would have looked a lot cooler if he had kept the outside normal, and just shrank the whole thing! The saddest part is how the PC modding fan boys are all excited, it looks like crap. The guy who made the mini iMac G5 did a much better job.

My only question is where did he get that case, they are expensive to buy!

14. macrumors 68020

revenuee

Is this like the kid that tore out all the G5 internals and replaced it with PC stuff because he "hated macs"?

or did i miss something and that was just a G5 case?

15. macrumors member

happy.buddha

You said exactly what I was thinking, normally I think a little mod is ok, kind of makes a machine stand out a bit, but this guy just butchered to butcher. No sir, I don't like it.

16. macrumors 6502a

technocoy

*GAG* *looks around* *GAG*

17. macrumors 6502

Well Shiira decided not to load any images on the site but I knew the moment I saw "FX-57" That every single reaction here was going to be negative.

18. macrumors 65816

topgunn

He later came back and said that he didn't rip out the internals. (He originally said his parents got him a G5 for Christmas but he wasn't a Mac Guy.) He just happened to come across a G5 case and thought it would make a good PC case.

19. macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    wow that was a really tacky job :( poor g5... I hope he puts it back together the correct way again.

20. adk
    macrumors 68000

adk

Horrendous. He took the sleek G5 case and added hoses, bolt, and knobs as far a the eye can see. Not to mention it's not actually that much smaller.

21. macrumors 68030

I actually really liked where it was going with the watercooling, and the look of it all... until he added that horrible crap all over the front. It looked good when it was a mini G5.

22. macrumors 6502a

Verto

I thought this was going to involve a G5 and a Mini.

23. macrumors 65816

stonyc

I was going to say about the same thing... as is, he should have just fabricated all of his own parts (which he seems to have the knowledge to do) and created his very own custom case, from scratch.

24. macrumors 6502

Well, I work with people who one PC Stores and I have never seen such a thing, however if there is please sent me a link. I have seen a Dell Terminal Computer, that has little in it, and it was still quite a bit bigger then the Mac Mini :eek:

Also regarding Power, please don't be confused by Intel's Processor speeds... They are proven to be far slower in 3rd party benchmark tests. AMD is better then Intel, but if you ask me I'd take a G5 PowerPC over anything else :rolleyes:

25. adk
    macrumors 68000

adk

Please, find me a powerful PC that is 6.5"x6.5"x2". I double dog dare you.