Minimize a full screen app or game?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by Gary King, Apr 14, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

How do I minimize a full screen app or game? For example, if I were in a game, that takes up the entire screen, how do I get back to the desktop without exiting the game? Kind of like on Windows, when you open the Start menu while in a game, it brings you back to the desktop.

2. macrumors G3

You could try hitting command + H to hide the App.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Doesn't work. The particular game is Starcraft.

4. Moderator emeritus

yellow

Some Blizzard games use Cmd-M to windowize their games.

5. Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Cmd-tab to get out of the application and over in Finder often helps. So does Expose.

6. macrumors 68020

With some games, it's just impossible. With others, there's no universal method, unfortunately. (Like UT2004 uses Option-Return, I think.) Read the docs, which will tell you how to do it, if it's possible.

--Eric

7. macrumors newbie

I think I found how to do it. I tried COMMAND + Return key. It worked for my fullscreen Sims Game. It makes the window like an almost fullscreen normal window. Hope this works for you!

8. macrumors newbie

command + m

command + m works for starcraft just tested and it works

9. macrumors newbie

I think i figured it out

the best way. and i know the seems to be a silly solution but it worked for me for Uberstrike HD from the mac app store. great free FPS by the way. so i jus held down command while in the game and slowly went through every single letter and number and other butto(e.g. "return","option" etc...) and command-F worked for me. try this and let me know if this works :cool: