Minimize button keeps disappearing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheEdisonEffect, May 18, 2006.

1. TheEdisonEffect macrumors member

Lately I've been getting an annoying problem that seems to have no fix. After leaving an application running for awhile, say, a day or two, the little yellow minimize button quits working and eventually gets greyed out. This seems to happen on all applications if I leave 'em going long enough, and the only solution I've found is either to restart the application or, when that often doesn't work, restart the computer. This is a fairly fresh install of OSX.4.6, and I've done the standard repair permissions and such maintenance, but it didn't fix the issue. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I've heard of this bug several times, but thought it was fixed a few point releases ago in Tiger. I haven't heard any solid explanations as to why or surefire ways to fix it other then restarting the app or even logging out/restarting. Some people have had success bringing it back by clicking the green button.

It's just one of those things...

3. TheEdisonEffect thread starter macrumors member

Well, f---. Guess I'll live with it then. Hopefully it'll get fixed in .7...

Thanks.

4. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Has someone been installing frontrow, on a no frontrow mac lol, it has the same effect, only joking, i don't have a clue this has happend on mine once or twice after leaving my mac on all day but not everytime:confused:

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, known bug. FWIW, I'm pretty sure it's not FrontRow related, but rather Exposé related. As WildCowboy said though, it's just one of those things, there's still no solid fix. :(

6. TheEdisonEffect thread starter macrumors member

Hm, no Frontrow this time, it screwed up a bunch of stuff last time so I avoided it after the reinstall. The Exposé thing would make sense, though, considering I use it constantly.

Whatever, as long as its a *documented* bug... It doesn't hurt anything, just gets kinda annoying.