Minimize system bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joetronic, Feb 17, 2005.

1. joetronic macrumors 6502

Is there anyway to make the system bar (I think it whats its called) to minimize like the dock does?

Thanks
    Joe

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

If you are talking about the Bar going across the top of the screen, the answer is No. Its the same size and in the same place all the time.

3. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

I think what you might be talking about is the menu bar (the white bar across the top of your screen that has all the menus for your running program?). If that is the case, I don't know of any way to make it hide, but there may be some hack out there for it.

4. cyanide macrumors regular

cyanide

5. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

lol, but that left this sticky crap all over my screen. I guess I'm stuck with it.

6. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Haha... Pun pun ;)

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

dirty sick mind, :D

it took awhile for me to get used to the menu bar to be honest, but once i realized its potential, adding programs like meteorologist and whatnot has made it that much more useful of a thing to have, its nice to have it always there sometimes, because its doesnt move and you dont have to go looking around for your program menus

8. cyanide macrumors regular

cyanide

you could always set the geometry of your screen under Displays in System Prefs. so that your menu bar is off the screen.. but that would render it useless.. which it isnt. it will grow on you, just get used to it.

9. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

I am used to it, and use it alot. Its not like I am a new user or anything, lol. I was just wondering if it was possable to get it to auto minimize like the dock.

10. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I wouldn't waste time looking for something like that, it isn't built in, and as far as I know there are no 3rd party add-ons that do it.

11. mkaake macrumors 65816

hmm. seems like there would be some way to make it do what you want. mine becomes completely transparent from time to time (lack of ram with multiple users logged in) while I'm doing things, mainly trying to connect to the internet (dial-up). so I'm sure there's some way to turn the visibility off, or something of the sort. if you knew where to look.

but, then again, I don't know jack about programming, so it's all just conjecture based on something that happens because i'm too cheap (well broke, actually) to buy more ram right now...