Minimizing QuickTime

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ColoJohnBoy, Oct 28, 2005.

1. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I couldn't f ind any threads that mentioned this, but it's getting to be too annoying to ignore it. Whenever I minimize a QuickTime window in Tiger, I can't maximize it; it stays in the dock, continues to play, but won't budge otherwise. I have to quit QuickTime and start the file over again. Has anyone else experienced this? Any solution?

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Works fine for me.

Have you tried the usual suspects?

Repair permissions
    Trash Quicktime .plist file

3. ColoJohnBoy thread starter macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Yeah, permissions and preference files are good. I found on another forum, though, that apparently the Divx codec isn't entirely compatible with QuickTime 7 Pro; a bunch of weird problems have been cropping up as a result. I deleted the codec and the problem went away, but I'd much rather be able to watch Divx files in QuickTime than not have a minor nuisance. Hopefully Apple a/o Divx will update soon. Thanks, in any case :)

4. steelfist macrumors 6502a

did you instal 3vix? i have and it caused the exact same problem for me. if you want to play xvid search: "xvid for mac" and it should bring up some other reliable alternatives to 3vix.

5. carpe diem macrumors 6502

Perhaps go through your plugins and take them out and put them back in one by one and see which is responsable for doing it.