Ministers were told of need for Gulf war ‘excuse’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 11, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

i wish the US media would wake up. this should make watergate look like a misdemeanor.

2. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Is it a stretch to think that the country was better off in the 70s when there were at least a few people in government with a conscience. The situation is far worse today and no one in any position of authority has come forward to condemn these actions.

LA Times?
    Washington Post?
    Liberal Media?

Even Bush supporters should be pissed off about this needless war that is taking thousands of lives. Not to mention the gigantic economic sinkhole we continue to pour money into.

So many Christians, so little outrage at the lies, death and deception.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

But they are told not to question. To believe based on faith. We've all seen it, it's what they say, not what they do.

I'm also surprised that people aren't doing anything about their outrage. Guess we all feel there's not much more we can do than we've already been trying to do (which isn't much). They decided to invade, then had to come up with a reason. They were even planning this before 9/11. Ignoring that Clinton was bombing Iraq but didn't waste time nor troops making things worse while we dealt with the real problems. Something about Al Qaida and a guy named Bin Laden that was about to attack. But we started pulling people from Afganistan to go to Iraq, Saddam's name is mentioned more than Bin Laden, and people still think we went there because of 9/11.

All the petitions in the world aren't going to stop our friends and family from being shipped off to their death or to injured in Vietn... I mean Iraq while the chickenhawks hide behind their flags and their Bibles. At least England and Australia get to start pulling people out. We're pretty much stuck there because it's our mess and we're in for the long haul. :(

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

So, you're not going to sign the petition?

I'm not sure what it's going to accomplish either, but I do like the idea that that nearly a half million people signed it in just a few days. At the very least, it sends message that a lot of us think that the manipulation of intelligence by the administration is important enough to be investigated.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I signed it, when Govt(Republicans) Lie to its people over and over and over we have big problems. Republicans and this President should be held accountable for their lies. This War was a Lie., WMDS,WMDS,WMDS, we heard this day after day. Chickenhawks like Bush/Cheney find it easy to let others die for their lies but they sure managed to dodge Vietnam didnt they. Vote out all incumbants and lets start over. Its the only solution.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I signed. I just don't think it'll do any good. :( :mad:

I better not wind up on some known terrorist list.