Minneapolis MN

Discussion in 'Leopard Event Meetups' started by t3chn0, Oct 16, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Dont know yet weather I am going to the Mall of america or rosedale to pick it up. Likely rosedale as parking is easier to find.

2. macrumors 68040

synth3tik

There is a lot more to these events then just picking up a copy. I will be getting from the school book store, but will be hitting the event for all the fun goings ons.

3. macrumors 6502a

TimTheEnchanter

Thinking about MoA. That way if its boring I can just head upstairs to Hooters! ;) :D

edit: H(.)(.)TERS

4. macrumors regular

I'd be up for a Rosedale party. I'll (hopefully) already have it installed on my Macbook, but I still want to come and have the whole Apple Store experience...and a free shirt doesn't hurt. ;)

What time are you planning on getting there?

5. macrumors 6502

I've never been to any Apple release parties. I should go. About what time would one show up to one of these hoe-downs?

6. macrumors newbie

darthmarth37

I'm up for either place. When to meet, though? I have also never been to such a launch event.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like its rosedale for me. I forgot that traffic to the moa can get bad around there sometimes. Im thinking I will get there maybe around 5:30 or 5:45.

8. macrumors 6502a

Probably going to the Rosedale party here, just because it's closer.

9. macrumors newbie

Since I live in Duluth, and don't get out of school until 3:00, I'll be at Rosedale. I was hoping to buy Leopard there, but I can't justify paying $116 when my local U sells it starting at 9:00 AM for $69.

Also, Rosedale will be far less crowed than MOA. And my parents will want to go to Dayton's. I mean Marshall Fields. Actually, Macy's.

10. macrumors regular

Do you go to the University of Minnesota-Duluth? Cause if they're selling it at 9am, I'll have to talk to the bookstore at the UofM-Twin Cities to see when they're going to start selling it.

11. macrumors newbie

I'm still in high school, but my mom is a teacher there, and all they told me was that they don't have any time restrictions for Leo. They'll just start selling it when they open (which happens to be 9AM).

12. macrumors regular

Okay, I'll have to see if the bookstore here is going to have it on the 26th or not. When I talked to a rep on Tuesday, he said they didn't know if they'd have it on the 26th or not, but maybe if you guys are going to have it that day, they will to.

13. macrumors 6502

I should have been saving!!!!

Hopefully my student loans will come in time, in which case I'll be at the MOA around 5:45 to get my copy. Seeing as how I've never done this, does anyone know if there is a need to preorder, or do I just walk in, hand over my Visa, and in return get handed a nice shiny box with an X on it?

14. thread starter macrumors newbie

Its pretty likely you wont need to preorder. they can quickly press a ton of dvds so they should have enough for all the launches.

15. macrumors member

Ridgedale

I'll be at Ridgedale.. Anyone else?

16. macrumors newbie

I'm closer to Rosedale (I'm a student at Macalester) but driving up Snelling during rush hour on a Friday doesn't really appeal to me. Not that the drive to MoA would be any better...

Maybe I'll just leave early and try and be one of the first in line to ensure I get a t-shirt.

I went to the Tiger release party back home (Richmond VA) and I think all they gave away that time were scratch cards where you could win an iPod or even a Powerbook, but most people just got free songs from iTunes.

Maybe I'll see some of you there.

17. macrumors newbie

darthmarth37

I'm trying for Rosedale. Think I can still get a shirt if I show up around 6:20?

18. macrumors 6502

I wonder what the line to get this will be like compared to the line I waited in last month for Halo 3...

19. macrumors 6502a

Probably. I'm still not sure if I'm going to MOA or Rosedale. Two of my friends and I are getting there at like one, we're gonna have a late lunch/early dinner and maybe walk around a bit before getting in line.

20. macrumors 6502

:eek:What?:eek: Isn't that a tad bit early to get in line?

21. macrumors 6502a

Never ;p

22. macrumors 601

I will (It is about 10 minutes from the house). I already ordered Leopard online but I am going to the store to check on some other things. I will be bringing the MacBook with me, and hopefully I will have Leopard already installed (I think I might take the afternoon off if it doesn't come on thursday).

23. macrumors regular

Why isn't anybody going to FirstTech on Hennepin Avenue? They're celebrating 30 years of being an Apple reseller with a party that night and are advertising copies of Leopard for $99 between 6 and 9 pm. I'll be there.

24. macrumors 601

I despise driving in downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul. Too far out of the way for me to go to visit a reseller to save 20 bucks.

25. macrumors regular

I'll probably be at the Ridgedale store, as it's closest to me.