Minneapolis, MN

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by mspman, Jun 8, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Anyone? I'll probably hit the Rosedale store...

2. macrumors demi-god

Memory lane....:D Two years ago I waited in line about 5 hours at the Rosedale Apple store for my 3G.

Fairly sure I'm going to pre-order and have it delivered.

3. macrumors member

Has anyone done the malls on launch day?

I'll be hitting up Ridgedale, so I'm not really sure what to expect. I got my preorder, but I'm debating on what time to go.

4. macrumors member

I got my preorder at the AT&T authorized reseller place in St. Louis Park, in the strip mall across from the Home Depot and Costco. They have an interesting system in which customers sign up for appointments in 15-minute intervals, and are guaranteed an iPhone if they show up for their appointment. Is anybody else preordering from there?

5. macrumors demi-god

I preordered for delivery on mine. but, I'm in that area often. Busy since they added West End.

6. macrumors demi-god

If it were me, I'd be there early as possible. There will be a line for pre-orders, but you'll have to wait for everyone in front of you to activate and purchase.

7. macrumors newbie

I plan on being at Ridgedale Center. Since they open at 10am, I'm assuming we camp out at the entrance by Chipotle (lower-level B entrance).

8. thread starter macrumors regular

By the way guys, the new store in Uptown is *awesome*!!

9. macrumors member

Did they say anything about having inventory for non-preorders, on the 24th, at this store? I live down the street from there. I tried to preorder online on the 14th but failed. I plan on waiting in line somewhere(either Apple or ATT). I just am not sure where yet. I visitied an ATT store on the 15th and the guy assured me they'd have some stock for non-preorders. But that was the 15th, that may have changed by now.

10. macrumors newbie

Where and when to wait in line in Minneapolis St. Paul area?

According to the Apple website under Minneapolis store hours it says that Apple will open early on Thursday at 7 a.m. and Friday at 8 a.m.

So I'm not sure how early you should get there, 5 a.m.? I might drive by at 6 a.m. to see where things are.

Votes on the best place to get one? Apple Stores, Best Buys, Radio Shacks, AT&T, Wal-Marts. Twin Cities location and when to get there?

11. macrumors member

I'm not sure where to go yet.

Sounds like Apple will have the most inventory. I think the only Apple store, not in a mall here, is Uptown(I might be wrong). I would think the Apple stores would be the busiest. I'm not sure how it works at the malls as far as lining up before they open goes(south,ridge,and rose-dales). What about MOA?? ATT's are everywhere here in the western burbs, i'm sure it's no different elsewhere across the city). Hopefully they'll have a decent amount of stock at ATT. Wal-mart, Best Buy are said to have limited stock(Radio Shack too probably), but these places might have smaller crowds. I've even thought about going out the way outskirts of town.

I don't know which i'll try yet, but there a few options at least.

12. macrumors newbie

Rosedale for me as well

I'll be by the food court..probably hoping to catch some free wifi from outside, don't know how well that will work..

Just heard that some people who actually got to preorder are going to get their phone tomorrow...lame. I tried to order mine for almost 10 hours and it never worked. Meanwhile some jerk off who probably only tried once gets his a day early...:mad:

13. macrumors member

time?

Sounds like ATT stores are not going to have any stock for those who didnt preorder.

What time do you think would be neccessary to show up at an apple store to get one if you dont have one reserved? is 4 am early enough?

14. macrumors member

Yep, scratch ATT. Looks like it's just Apple stores for those that didn't preorder. Unless you want to try your luck and get one of the two iphone4's at walmart.

Not sure which Apple store i'm going to go to. Hopefully somebody can chime in about how waiting at the malls goes.

15. macrumors newbie

I'll be hitting up Ridgedale. Hopefully they'll have a white one for me.

16. macrumors newbie

I guess i'll see you two there :)

17. macrumors 6502

Nobody else going to Southdale?
    They don't open mall doors until 7! I'm sure there will be people at every entrance by then, and they'll all run for the Apple Store. It's going to be nuts.

18. macrumors 6502

I'm going to Southdale (have a reservation waiting). I plan to get there at 7, in hopes of getting out of the store at a reasonable time. Too bad my 3G doesn't have video - the rush to get to the store should be entertaining. :D

19. macrumors newbie

When I worked for Sears a few years ago they let people in right at 5AM on Black Friday. These two guys followed me everywhere, just for some 50 dollar GPS's. I was like, "It's not that serious now get out of my personal space!"

You'll see me but you won't know who I am!

20. macrumors newbie

Supply

My friend works at an apple store in the minneapolis area

if you reserved one the lil message at the bottom of your confirmation saying that supply is limited, not so true he confirmed over 600 iphones at his store for pre-order reserved. He also added that there was over 2,000 devices at his store for the last launch. and that iphone4 has already arrived. Holla!

21. thread starter macrumors regular

Okay that info might be worth a pair of tix to the Packer game. :D What store? What time did he/she say to get there if we don't have a reservation?

22. macrumors demi-god

I'll have to check it out after launch.

23. macrumors newbie

I'll post here what I'm wearing when I'm heading there, so you will at least know how I am ;)

24. macrumors demi-god

If I didn't have a preorder for delivery, I think I'd choose southdale over ridgedale. More waiting room.

25. macrumors newbie

I have to head to work right after, and Ridgedale is on the way.