minor but sad complaint - Magsafe caused scratches

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by miniguu, Nov 18, 2006.

1. miniguu macrumors regular

Jun 16, 2005
    I just realized that my magsafe charger connector caused half a dozen scratches on the MBP case just above the charger slot. Probably due to the connector slipping and the magnet pulling it into the slot. This makes me sad as I only got my MBP two weeks ago. :( Anyone who's new to magsafe chargers, please be careful to line up the charger and slot to avoid scratches. That is all.
  2. spookje macrumors member

Nov 14, 2006
    Well, you can't avoid such scratches! The same happens around the keyhole on cars etc. Of course, big scratches such etc.
  3. miniguu thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 16, 2005
    Thanks..I didn't think it would cause the scratches. I didn't have a problem with the old-style (non-magnetic) power inputs. Guess I just have to be more careful in the future.
  4. sierra oscar macrumors 6502

Apr 23, 2006
    South Australia, Australia
    I mean sure scratches on anything are inevitable - but to use the above example, the keyhole area on car doors doesn't draw your car key into the door with a strong magnet.

I do think the MBP should be more robust - the new MB I have doesn't have scratches there - and I'm sure I use this plug in the same way as the op.
  5. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

Jun 19, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    This is the one thing that annoys me about Apple's wares. They show scratches MUCH easier then most "cheaper" plastic laptop shells. I accidently ran my keys across my MBP about 3 weeks ago and just about had a heart attack. I would have never worried about this on my old Thinkpad because scratches don't show up nearly as easily. That's partly why I'm in search for a good protective shell for my MBP. Right now http://www.speckproducts.com/15mac-seethru.html is on the top of my list. I just wish they had black. :p