Minor leopard (10.5) hopes...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by psychofreak, Dec 10, 2006.

1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

We've heard a lot of big things about leopard, but for me the experience lies in the details. One thing I hope for is the ability (à la windows) to only empty the Trash of certain things - permanently delete one in five things in the trash.

Unified GUI is another common request (we've now heard something about black gloss)

Boolean search in spotlight (to make it faster)

MSN integration in iChat is unlikely to say the least, but would be great.

Numbers (iWork spreadsheet) looks promising. Maybe thats not so minor.

Integration with iPhone:D

Quicktime to include features from VLC player, as it just doesn't support enough codecs. I don't want three video players.

What minor features are you looking for?

2. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

ummm..... the itunes 7 style interface in xcode?

3. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

The option to enable tabs in Finder. I can dream...

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If there's one thing I don't want it's that. I don't even want it in iTunes. It's all wrong. You can't even have both direction scroll arrows at both ends of the scrollbar like you can with the real native controls.

5. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

i want iCal to not truncate event names randomly in monthly view! this is biggest/only gripe with Tiger.

6. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

Ditto...

I also want the bottom options of Win XP so i can switch between opened programs fast. I hope you understood what I am talking about. Expose is not quick enough.

7. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I want all Mac's to not be so damn picky with every single little type of media file.... see on a PC using Avid I never ran into any problem until I got to trying to export. On a Mac I can't even begin to edit until I have every single little file transfered over to files Macs like.... Very frustrating for a pro app...

Hmm maybe they can make the metal finish look a little cooler? I dont know something feels missing...

Oh and have more customization and less apps I have to download to customize...

8. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Uhmm as far as I am aware the dock does this perfectly, in fact it is better than the Windows implementation as you can bring the application to the front without having to bring a window to the front (as in just making the menu bar active). Or you have the option to bring any window to the front as well.

Unless I am missing something here?

9. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

There will be boolean search in Spotlight.

What I want:

- automatic undo delete for the trash that puts the files back where they were
    - isync to work over Bonjour too (i.e. to sync entire home directories between computers)