Minor problem with Toast.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by d wade, Jul 6, 2006.

1. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

i have been using Toast 7 Titanium to burn [legal] movies, and they have been working fine.

however, the most recent one is not recording as a DVD. i did everything the same as the previous ones.. dragged the .cue file, switched the option to dvd, and then inserted a blank CD-R. everything worked and was able to view in my dvd player.

however, this most recent time, when i switch it to record as a DVD, it automatically changes to CD, and will only give audio when i play it in the DVD player.

any ideas?

2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Maybe it's because you put in a CD-R? And it reads it as a CD not a DVD, and then it switches..?

3. d wade thread starter macrumors 65816

d wade

well, from what everyone says.. .bin/.cue files are VideoCD files. the other 2 movies were .bin/,cue files as well, and both went on a CD-R, and both played in my DVD player.

when i try burning it to a DVD-R, it says file not supported. So obviously it is supposed to go on a blank CD, not DVD. for some reason this time it wont give me any video when i record, only audio.

at the bottom right hand corner where you can change between CD, DVD, and DVD-DL... i change it to DVD (like always), and when i hit record, it changes back to CD :confused:

4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    No clue...

If it were me, I would try and get it out of bin/cue format just so I was working with a disc image that was more Mac like....

can you mount it in toast, and then save as/convert it to a dmg? or a toast image file?

5. d wade thread starter macrumors 65816

d wade

how do i do that?

and it asks me if i want to mount or eject the disc only after it has already been burned. is there another way to mount it or save as a toast/dmg file?