Minority Report

Discussion in 'Community' started by cr2sh, Jun 23, 2002.

1. cr2sh macrumors 68030

May 28, 2002
    If you havent seen the movie, dont read this thread...

Give me a second and then flame me...

First scene when theyre trying to catch the guy whos wife is sleeping around, and Tom Cruise is standing outside the row of houses, hes talking to Steve Harris whos back in the pre-crime office. He asks if the guy left the door open. The camera pans behind the glass monitor Steve is looking at and you can see a START button on the right side on the screen.

Of course we all know its laughable that m$ could make it that long, but I thought I'd point it out to anyone who didnt catch it..

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I haven't read this yet...

because I'm going to see the movie in an hour & a half...

so I'll comment when I return... ;)
  3. void macrumors 6502

Apr 27, 2002
    Not here
    minority report was awesome!!! I saw it the day it came out. The cars are soooooooooo hot! Ahy don't thay make some of those right now? We can have vertyical highways. the computer interface would be easy to make. All you would have to do was make a glove with magnetic points. SJ! listen to this! it can be the new AAPL invention!
  4. Choppaface macrumors 65816

Jan 22, 2002
    the next cinema display should be one of those panes

it would make graphic designers go nuts over color accuracy but it sure would look cool
  5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    hmm....now I wish I would have read this before seeing the movie...because I don't remember seeing that START button...

the movie was hella good though...

Tom Cruise has definitely done something worth watching as compared to the past few movies he's done... :rolleyes:
  6. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    cruise did a nice job but thank goodness spielberg didn't direct bladerunner( same author). some really poor directing choices-such a spoonfeeder....always seeking the lowest common denominater.

some of the FX were nice though the cinematography was distracting.

spielberg just needs to bring it down a notch...he and ron howard.

glaring holes: don't you think his security clearance would have been cancelled...why did his eyes still work? and how did his wife get his eye? and why did it still work then? even after being " imprisoned"?

i'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

come back ridley scott!!!!

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I thought the same thing about his security clearance. I thought it was completely contrived in the fact that he was able to go right through.

As for how his wife got his eyeball, when he went to "jail" they had all of his belongings in a box...so I'm assuming it was on his person at the time of his arrest?

Why the eyeball worked I had no clue...does anyone know a time factor on cell decomposition with eyes?
  8. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    I have seen the trailor and it looks awesome, when it comes out in .au
    I'm going to see it straight away
  9. krossfyter macrumors 601

Jan 13, 2002
    secret city
    your trying to tell me that im going to be arrested for a crime i havent commited yet?!?!?! ummmm ohh okay...mmmhmmm sure...right!:rolleyes: :D :confused: :rolleyes: :D