Misbehaving Mail.app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Snowy_River, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Hi everyone,

Just recently, Mail.app has started behaving very strangely. Specifically, every time I try to 'Junk' some mail, it crashes. It just suddenly started doing this, not connected to any software installation. I've tried trashing the prefs (in both places) - that was a pain as I had to rebuild all of my multiple email accounts - but that didn't help. I've rebuilt all of my many, many mailboxes, but that didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Try repairing the permissions

Sorry thats all I can really suggest

3. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

<off topic>
    why does everyone always say/type "mail.app"? why not just say "mail"? i don't know, it just bugs me...
    </off topic>

reality

4. Sped macrumors regular

Crazy Mail

I had this exact problem running 10.3.2 on my 800MHz G4 iMac. To keep mail from quitting unexpectedly, I basically turned off junk mail filtering. After 10.3.3 was released, I turned junk filtering back on because there is a blurb in the 10.3.3 notes claiming this is fixed. It works just like it always did now.

5. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Based on this...I think that you should upgrade to 10.3.3 - you won't be disappointed, unless you're on dialup.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Saying that you have a problem with Mail isn't necessarily very precise, as you could be referring to various things, one could also use 'OS X Mail' or 'the Mail application', but Mail.app is quick and to the point. :)