Miss Family Values Strikes Again!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Feb 8, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

http://mediamatters.org/items/200502080002

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

brawhahaha .... i wonder why she still gets airtime...

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Who cares about that snob, it was a Great SuperBowl and i won $25.00 :D

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

That phrase...

"interracial sex"

hints at a darker aspect to Ms. Coulter's views...

You know, I'd never heard of this woman until I joined MR. She has zero recognition in European media except on name terms alone...

Where has she come from? The Fifties?

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If you mean the 1650's then yes.

6. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Still don't know who she is(aside from a nutter obv.).What is the thing about women not shaving = lesbian.Surely to Christ we've come far enough out of the ooze not to need those kind of prejudices. :confused:

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

She obviously hasn't been to Greece or the South of Italy...

*Blue Velvet re-examines her own armpits & sexuality*

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'd guess she's probably not terrible welcome outside the US. She has a long history of these kinds of comments.

Edit: Vintage Coulter, and my favorite of her many witty observations...

9. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Are you kidding? She's like the Howard Stern of the pundit world. Shock value, totally.

I'm not surprised she's nearly unheard of outside of the US. I can't believe (actually, I *can* believe) that people take her seriously over here. She's just a vicarious way for the clueless to vent their frustration.

10. takao macrumors 68040

takao

me neither ... (that and a few few other things like that CNN is considered 'liberal' and not conservative like i thought)

seriously she would have a hard time in the media/press over here with such comments... it would be worth a watch...

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'd pay to see that!

12. pdham macrumors member

Sometimes it is amusingly disheartening or just amusing or just disheartening.... anyway, what some people will say...

But Xtremehkr is dead on. Not even the shows that put her on think she is sane, but ridiculous comments get viewers and viewers beget money. Ahh capatilism

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

C'est la journalisme

14. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

As I so tediously observe, over and over and over and... <ahem>

We may all think she's an evil circus clown, but I've yet to hear her xenophobic ranting disowned by Republicans. The sad fact is, she's very much an owned pit bull, and hardly anybody thinks their vicious doggie ought to be put down because it's just too mean to live.

Noting also, that a part of the motivation for her latest spew was the college professor in Colorado who wrote some stupid stuff about 9-11. Now that guy's been all over the media, being generally ripped to shreds, even though nobody had ever heard of him before outside of his cloistered halls. And yet, and yet, Coulter the Caustic gets hours every week on FOX and other places where good sense is just two words in the dictionary to say perfectly lovely things like Muslims who won't covert to Christianity deserve to die (oh, yes she has). And hardly anyone peeps.

Every time I think of it, it's well, just to frigging amazing to think about.

15. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

[​IMG]

Hey little Ann has come a long way from her beginnings in wherever it is you shoot your gun off your front porch.

It's gonna take some time to get those manners down though.

Has she passed the bar or what? cause she is always hyped as a lawyer, but I can't imagine her being a practising one.

16. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Holy crap! She's left handed!

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Coulter just gets worse and worse. Like Blue Velvet, I'm intrigued by the fact that she specifically mentioned "interracial sex", as if that was something unsavory and perverse. It's also interesting that this chickenhawk doesn't want "girls" in the army....

The fact that Coulter is still on TV reminds me a little bit of Howard Beale, in that you have a venal TV network putting (as they termed it in "Network") a "manifestly insane" person on the air purely for the ratings that such a freak show will draw. That's the network (Fox). Coulter herself is, of course, very unlike Howard Beale in that, insane or not, Beale spoke the utter truth, whereas Coulter has probably never had an honest thought in her entire life.

18. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

And the other, even more important difference is, I don't think any of Coulter's fans regard her as a mental train wreck. The Beale character in Network was clearly off his rocker, but in an interesting way that people just couldn't avoid watching. Everything sells on TV was the message, I believe. Ann Coulter is more of a garden-variety demagogue, in the tradition of Father Caughlin. And where is the outrage?

BTW, according to my morning paper, the professor in Colorado now feels the need to have bodyguards.

19. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Ann needs help, maybe she will find Jesus one day. :D

20. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I've acutally seen a version of that picture (on Coulter's website, I believe) that was flipped horizontally. So, I'm not sure she is a lefty.

Which is probably good for her sanity, actually. Given her hysterical attitude towards the left, she would probably take being lefty-handed pretty hard.

Crazy woman.

Taft

21. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I swear to God... If I come out on the power side when Bush makes the US a fascist state, this woman's books are the first in the bonfire.

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

23. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Thanks for comforting me. Being a lefty, I tend to take pride in my hand. I sure as heck don't want to associate my pride with that hag.

24. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

25. wwworry macrumors regular

New York's Upper East side is filled with these pampered blonds whose only job is to shop all day long, bitching and moaning about the help. It's the only place where you'll see a line outside of a movie theater at 2:30 in the afternoon and the store that sells fancy paper is completely packed. This is where Ann Coulter comes from.