Missing album art in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rdhatfield3, Feb 14, 2005.

1. rdhatfield3 macrumors member

I have noticed that some of the album art for music store purchases dosnt show up. I cant remember if you could always get the album art or not but this is weird because i have an ipod photo and i like showing the covers of albums to friends. Also i like having it being displayed whenever i am listening to a song. Anyway it was my understanding that it was contained in the music file itself so this is kinda weird. The particular album i am referring to was one of my first purchases so it was a while ago. Any help?

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

If for whatever reason its not there you can always download the cover art off of wal-mart or amazon or one of those.

Or if you want it just to appear use Fetch Art

It is explained Here although versiontracker, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to have the file avilaible for download...

Hope this helps a little... :eek:

3. rdhatfield3 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I am still wondering if the music store has always included album art?

4. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I think it always did. I noticed on an album I purchased not so long ago that some songs had the cover while others didn’t. This wasn’t too bad as I could copy the cover to the songs without it, but it was still strange.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Yup, it always has. I purchased some tunes within hours of the opening of the first (U.S.) iTMS and all the tracks had album art. In fact, I don't think I've ever purchased a song through it that didn't. Which is no guarantee they all do. I haven't (yet) purchased all available tracks...