Missing Bluetooth Firmware file?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tempques, Feb 26, 2007.

1. tempques macrumors member

Hello all.

I am a recent convert to the Mac world, and I love it! However I ran into a problem today, and after some fruitless searching on this forum, I decided to post a question:

I bought an Apple wireless keyboard earlier, and attempted to pair it to my Macbook Pro C2Duo as instructed. However it installed a "Bluetooth Firmware Updater" from the installation CD to my Utilities folder that is causing an error stating it's missing a firmware file. I've tried reinstalling it, repairing permissions, zapping PRam, restarting the computer and using software update through system preferences.

Here is a shot that shows what I see:
    [​IMG]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I'm not sure I understand your situation. So, you're trying to install firmware for the Apple Wireless keyboard, and you keep getting the error message you showed?

If that's the case, have you tried pairing the keyboard without the Firmware update?

3. tempques thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for replying.

I actually have now gotten the keyboard paired with the system, and it seems to work fine. However the updater still gives the error message. Now my question is if this is something that I need to fix in order to get future updates or should I just delete it?

Thanks again. :)

4. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I would keep it, just in case. The chances of anything bad happening are slim, but it's best to be cautious.

Take it from me, since there ain't no teacher better than expierience. :rolleyes: