Missing computers...

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by cp21yos, Jan 11, 2002.

1. cp21yos macrumors newbie

Ok, now I know I'm not loosing my mind :)confused: ) but I could have sworn that I saw Macintouch talking about a Paris/French Apple dealer that listed 1200, 1400 and DP1400 Mhz G4's on its website. This was about 2 days before MacWorld - now when I search the Macintouch archives there is no sign of this note...

Did any one else see it?
    The reason I ask is that pricing combined with some hardware shots that appeared for a few hours on some websites before Apple shut them down leads to new hardware not that far away... :D

2. GigaWire macrumors 6502

ya ya. They had a ****** photoshopped pic too. it was a joke site of some kind, because under Apple's new portable, they had some guy with a tower on his back and a monitor attached to a hat and some other crap.

3. cp21yos thread starter macrumors newbie

bummer...

Thats a shame the bit I saw on Macintouch was definitely G4's with appropriate Apple style model numbers...

Somethings gotta break soon... why whould you by a desktop G4 (assuming you don't need extra PCI slots of course) when you can save a bundle and get a new iMac?:confused:

4. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I would suspect getting some speed bumps and other minor upgrades SOON for the Quicksilver line. They havent had had a rev 2 yet, have they? Then, expect the G5's either beginning of 4th quarter(MWNY time), or next year's MWSF.

I know you will all be dissapointed to hear that we may not have G5's for another year, but thats a really accurate guess. Apple IS slow about realeasing new products, but their quality (in my opinion) outweigh's other companies quantity.

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

it was a bunch of crap....not real.

but I'd be willing to expect something near those specs when the new towers come out...

6. osxsecrets.com macrumors newbie

The Nebraska Furniture Mart (omaha, NE), one of the largest mac retailers in the midwest has lowered the prices on all of their instock G4 tower systems.

Inquiring with the sales guy, he indicated that they are clearing out the G4 inventory for the new models they will be receiving in February. I asked him if he was referring to the new iMac and he said no. The last he heard was 1Ghz, 1.133 Ghz, and a MP model but wasn't sure of the speeds.

7. Unregistered Guest

Yep

I screenshot that particular specs list. Want it?

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

very interesting....anyone else have any info like this?:p