Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rentbdg@aol.com

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
I just recieved my 12'Powerbook yesterday...I turned it on and partitioned the disk...and then reinstalled the software on to one of the partition...Then about 4 hours later, I realized I didn't see iLife anywhere...or any other free sample software Apple promised was going to be on the computer.

Should I have recieved iLife pre-installed or on a disk..?(I didn't get either.)
Or how about the free 30 trial or File Maker...and quickbooks, etc....??

I'm waiting to hear back from Apple Customer Service department....Who knows.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Rentbdg@aol.com said:
I just recieved my 12'Powerbook yesterday...I turned it on and partitioned the disk...and then reinstalled the software on to one of the partition...Then about 4 hours later, I realized I didn't see iLife anywhere...or any other free sample software Apple promised was going to be on the computer.

Should I have recieved iLife pre-installed or on a disk..?(I didn't get either.)

Did your PB come with a set of System Restore CDs? Perhaps iLife is in one of those disks. If so, you'll have to extract them out.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Rentbdg@aol.com said:

You should have gotten a Restore CD/DVD series with the preinstalled software on it. On my iMac, it is on the same disk that contains the Panther installer. I inserted the restore disc, installed Software Restore, then it automatically ran and asked me which software I wanted restored. After I made my selections (and changed discs if needed), the restore process started. Once it is done restoring, software restore notifies you that it is done, then automatically quits. Your new software will be ready to use (in most cases - the developer tools are restored as an installer package that must be installed separately).

dragula53

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
to clarify

what the other folks are saying...

you installed panther after repartitioning...

now you have to do the software restore, which is also on the software dvd's that came with your powerbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.