Missing iPhoto and iTunes Libraries after Installation

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Occamsrazr, Aug 12, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

After installing Mountain Lion, my iTunes and iPhoto libraries are totally empty... Can anyone help please? This is not good!

2. macrumors 68030

The obvious solution , restore from backup.
    No backup? Why not ?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess I forgot to mention that if I go to disk information, it shows 166GB of audio and 54GB of photos...

Yes, I do have a backup. I love time machine.

I don't think that restoring is appropriate in this situation because the data is already present - I just lost a link or something.

4. macrumors 68030

I'm confused. Do you have the folders there and they are just empty? Or no folders at all?
    This is the perfect time to restore from backup since your data is gone. Re-name what you have and restore. See if that fixes it. If not, simply revert back.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

My data is not gone. It is still there if I go to the storage tab under "About this Mac"... If you are confused, don't worry about it.

I was hoping someone with some expertise could help me figure out how to relink the data back into my libraries.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Figured out the problem - the mountain lion installation switched my auto-login to the administrator account. Once I switched it back to my user account, and restarted, everything was there. D'oh!

7. macrumors 6502a

btbrossard

Strange - the ML install turned off auto login on all three of my home machines. I guess it would be confusing if it switched you auto login to an account you don't often use.

Glad you got it worked out.