Missing iPod feature

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CubaTBird, Jan 26, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

I use to own a nomad jukebox and it had a really cool feature where you could search for songs... How come the ipod doesn't have that? In the nomad would select characters or letters and then as you would do that your songs would slowly start to appear.

2. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

I think the important thing to notice here is...

3. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

random

i wisj it had random play of the mp3's.
    if it does i havnt seen it :)

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

You mean aside from "Shuffle Songs" on the main menu?

5. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Linkety perhaps?

6. Makosuke macrumors 603

I expect Apple didn't do this because the interface would be so slow and awkward; it's obviously not that they couldn't have, but I expect they decided it wasn't something people would use much anyway, so it wasn't worth the trade off. The search would happen quickly, though, since the iPod has a database of everything on it.

Surely this is a sarcastic comment referring to the Shuffle's lack of a screen... right?

7. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Linkety perhaps?

8. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

Hm, unless the iPod could use Spotlight to instantly find any song on your iPod in mere seconds a la iTunes. Ah, wouldn't that be great?

Well, I don't know. I would very rarely ever use a search function. Most people know what music they have on their iPod. If they don't, then they can look for music through the Browse function. I don't think it'd be that great of a feature, since you can find almost any song on an iPod within about ten seconds.
    -Chase

9. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Since all the music can be sorted by artists, album, genre, songs, and playlists, I think the search function would be kind of useless. All those options make it very easy to find music on the iPod.