missing my old posters from the early days of macrumors

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Mar 10, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

where is kela, anonymous coward, anonymous poster, and the highly-educated john123?

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

so jef....

are u saying that we just aren't good enough?!

he he he... ;)

3. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Nah......

He wants to know where Spikey and I hid the bodies.:D

4. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Well, i haven't been posted recently cause my room is a mess and i haven't been able to get to my macs!

Ensign

5. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

if you want....

I can fight with you ... just pick a topick and we can battle it out. Ill just pick the oppisit side to what ever the argument is... then when we run out of lgical arguments, we can just start the name calling.

doodoo head!

-evildead :)

6. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i liked spikey's spikiness and i imagine kela to be a fine femmebot babe that would....:D

7. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

8. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

Wow, I remember all of those guys. How long has this site been around? I only have less than 200 posts, but I've been here just about nine months, almost every day. Does this make me an original?

-Pete

9. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

No, actually is the first time I see you:)

Kela is out, I do not know why. May be people are getting older or responsable or got a mate or got a job or their computers got stolen or fail the grades at the school or....

But I'm here thats good:D

10. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I remember...

When I first joined...it was just a flame war. Kela and someone else, were just flaming eachother. It was pretty funny, so I decided to jump in. I think this is an awesome web site!

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

time spent as a member

I've been a member for a year and 3 months now...

I joined because I was all caught up in the hype of MacWorld and the release of the TiBook....or whatever we all thought it was going to be.... :p

12. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i once was the slacker of all slackers and if had had discovered something like macrumors twenty two years ago when i started college, i would have never got thru my first year

now if i had internet access during my first job in the 70s, i would have been fired during the first week...in those days, one always had to look busy and the idea of people chatting online would have been completely unthinkable

and as far as reponsibility, it will come when you need it...until i moved out and got married and had to pay rent, i was still basically an overgrown kid...there is nothing like paying bills that makes ones grow up but i think you can still belong to a site like macrumors, though i notice the majority of posters live at home or are probably still single and in college having their parents or a student loan pay some of all of their way and i suspect when some of those people are "completely" on their own in the real world, some will drop off macrumors (and if you live at home with your parents but you pay your own bills, you are already out there in the real world...being in the real world in my definition is when the bill collectors own you, he he) but if i won the lottery, i would consider myself out of the real world and in some strange 5th dimension...might be nice, though

but in the end, unless you want to be super rich, i don't see a need for anybody to have less than two days off every week or work more than 40 hours...i see people on salary who are paid for bacially 40 hours and put in a lot of overtime, which goes unnoticed, and basically work for free, which is pure stupidity...if you work for more than 40 hours, get paid...duh

that's why doctors, lawyers, accountants, and smart techies have billable hours...as in per hour

the main reason of this post is really just for the young posters out there...take your time to grow up and realize that being 18 is not really being an adult...that is just some really stupid legal term that is arbitrary...in some cultures, you were an adult at 13 and popped out your first kid shortly thereafter...of course, virtually no one in those days ever lived to 40)...but now that the age expectancy is past 70, take your time, man

there i go on another philosophical hatman rant

13. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Spikey'z back.

Just saw him in "who's online". Mazeltov.

14. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

Re: Spikey'z back.

i know...so cool

hey mischief, congrats on 800

15. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

16. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

Re: 800??

i mean one moment eye, john123, spikey, kela, and myself are high on the posts...but suddenly last summer you come along and the way i see it, you are eye's only real threat in high postings...he he

i don't know my way around macs as well as some here and i am not good at flamewars so i can never say as much as some here (i average 1 1/4 posts per day now for just under 2 years)

but i am saying a lot on the general discussion posts of macs and religion and i have to say, it is by far the most popular thread i have ever seen since the inception of macrumors

i always knew mac users had this religious fervor about their macs, but i didn't know that it translated into the most spiritually aware bunch of people i have ever met...it's like one huge 12 step group;)

17. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: 800??

congrats on 800 mischief!!

hmm....I think this is 1300 for me?! :p

18. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

13 dollhairs...maybe mischief won't catch you but he just joined last august

congrats on being the only one over 1000...actually, if i kept to only one handle, i would be around there but i wanted to hear "new voices" on these posts so i became newtworkman for a short time

19. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

20. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Re: Re: 800??

its good to know that i was apart of something groundbreaking in these formus. even if im not liked much for my faith.

dig it!

21. oldMac macrumors 6502a

networkman

Are you kidding me? I thought network man was an a**hole.

Thank goodness we have nicer members now, like that nice guy jefhatfield.

:)

22. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

Re: networkman

too funny...i tried to create a more brief and less patient character with networkman...fewer posts and more prone to flamewars but now i am the more neutral jefhatfield:eek:

23. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

well whoever u are.....

we're glad to have ya! ;)

24. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

thanks, i have been here since the first week of this website and signed up a few weeks later

25. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm still waiting for the macrumors party to take place so we can meet each other in person! :p