missing "pictures" folder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by trev, Mar 6, 2007.

1. trev macrumors 6502

Hey all,

So I accidently deleted the "pictures" folder from the left pane in the finder windows. How would I go about getting it back? Thanks!

- Trevor

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

3. trev thread starter macrumors 6502

4. artalliance macrumors 6502

your account name. has the little house logo next to it. go in there, find the pictures folder, click on it + hold down the button and drag over to the left. Voila.

5. trev thread starter macrumors 6502

the pictures folder isn't there either.

I didn't lose any pictures so I could just create another folder and drag that over, but is there a way so I can have the "pictures" icon back for completness sake?

ok, so I just created a folder named pictures and it automatically went back to the old icon... sweet.

but IS there a way to change the folder's icon?

6. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Check out Candybar...also check out the Iconfactory...they have a wide collection of sets made for Candybar (they are also available as standard icons, if you decide you don't want Candybar).

7. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

If there are only a few icons you want to change (or just don't want to spend any money) Click one of the folder you want to change the icon of then hit apple-i (get info) copy the picture/icon you want. Then click on the picture of the orginal folder (in the get info pane) and hit apple-v. You can also get info on other icons you already have, copy it then paste it on another folder/application.