missing pointer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by poetassium, Feb 16, 2007.

1. poetassium macrumors newbie

Jan 31, 2007
    ok so I just got a mbp and anytime i use the keyboard in anyway the pointer on the screen dissapears. To get it to reappear I have to like use the touch pad for a sec to get it to appear again. Sometimes it does take longer for it to appear.
  2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    As far as I've ever noticed, that's exactly how it's supposed to work--when you start typing, it hides the pointer so it's not in your way as you type, and it reappears instantly as soon as you touch the mouse/trackpad. I don't think there's a way to change this, although I've never heard of anybody complain about it before.

I've never seen it take a while to appear, though--sure you're not just having trouble finding it when you start moving it around?

For reference, it's actually right where you left it--if you click without touching the trackpad it will register the click properly, although the pointer stays hidden until it moves at least a hair. Maybe you have "Ignore accidental trackpad input" checked in the Trackpad control panel, so it's taking a second to register after you put your finger on it?