Missing rubber grommet

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zRedbullz, Oct 12, 2006.

1. zRedbullz macrumors regular

zRedbullz

When unloading my powerbook out of its case to place it on the table, I noticed that the base slightly moves to the bottom left everytime I apply pressure on the keyboard.

As I discovered, one of the rubber grommets underneath the base has gone missing from the face of the earth. Goodness knows how.

Does anyone have any solutions around this? I know this may sound silly, can't you buy a pack of rubber grommets anywhere?

Thanks

2. joe8232 macrumors regular

I am pretty sure if you take it to the apple store the genius bar can fix it for you although I have never done it.

3. zRedbullz thread starter macrumors regular

zRedbullz

But solution really isn't convenient for me as the nearest Apple store is 55 miles away.

4. mpw Guest

55miles? That's what an hour away by car, you got a sweet deal. I've got 20mins by car, 45mins by plane, 35mins by train, another 30mins by tube + misc. hanging about waiting and walking time to get to an AppleStore!

BUt then I have a drawer full of rubber gromets nah nah na nah nah!

5. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

6. zRedbullz thread starter macrumors regular

zRedbullz

Excellent. Just what I was looking for. $19.99?! I guess I'll have to bite the bullet. Although the trouble is, I am located in good Old Blighty. A bit a daft to international ship four little rubber grommets that would fit in a letter instead.

It's a 1.67Ghz 17'' powerbook.

7. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

8. mpw Guest

Have you tried just calling an AppleStore and asking them to put some in the post? The guy I talked to at the Meadowhall store seemed very helpful.....but then I'm charming on the phone.

9. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

Haha, quote of the day:D