Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

njuszczyk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Hi, I had my macbook air restored and the start up disk Macintosh HD is now missing and it will not allow me to reinstall Mac OS X Lion. Is there anyway to get that back or make it appear without having to go to a apple store. Currently the start up disks read Recovery HD and 02, neither of which allow me to install the operating system. When the computer turns on it goes directly to utilities and leaves me with 4 options, backup, install os, get online for help and disk utility

Last edited:

njuszczyk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Macbook Air Start Up

Hi, I had my macbook air restored and the start up disk Macintosh HD is now missing and it will not allow me to reinstall Mac OS X Lion. Is there anyway to get that back or make it appear without having to go to a apple store. Currently the start up disks read Recovery HD and 02, neither of which allow me to install the operating system. When the computer turns on it goes directly to utilities and leaves me with 4 options, backup, install os, get online for help and disk utility:mad:

dbroncos78087

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2013
Northern Virginia
I had something similar to this happen but it wasn't the HD. I swapped a brand new one in my old MBP and it still wouldn't read. So don't necessarily chalk it up to a faulty HD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.