missing text

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tboyd37, Jan 6, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

today my iphone 5s battery percentage is going up & down a bit.. it went from 95 to 98 to 96... i performed a hard reset... right before the phone reset i had a text message come through.. i did get to read it but after the phone reset the new text was gone(it was in an existing thread) on a side note dk if this matters i only got to read the text because of the banner at the top so the phone thinks this is an unread message, i thought it would push the message through again after the reset but it didn't.. jw is this a coincidence.. anyone have this happen before??

2. macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Hmm, it must have been an important text if you went thru the trouble to type all that out. Yeah, I think it's pretty much lost forever. Ask the person to resend it?

I haven't had that issue, but I have missed iMessages lately. They'll go through on my iPad, but skip my iPhone. Its weird.

3. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

ive seen this issue before on my iphone 4, but not yet on my 5. i would get a new message, see it on the banner...but when i go into the message thread, its gone. only happened 3-4 times at random.