Missing Utah Scout Found Alive

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by evilernie, Jun 21, 2005.

1. evilernie macrumors 6502

evilernie

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, good news is welcome. The prayers of many have been answered. Brennan Hawkins was definitely being looked after. Boy Scout training that came in very handy for the survival of this 11 yr. old. His parents and family must be happy beyond imagination. What a welcome home. :D

3. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

It is good news indeed. I wonder if we can ship those 4,000 volunteer searchers down to Aruba now that Brennan has been found?

4. mac-er macrumors 65816

I think the fact that they said he didn't have a good sense of direction complicated matters...besides, I think the boy scouts teach that if you are lost , you need to pitch a tent in the middle of a clearing and not move....
    :eek:

But, this is really good news....I'm sure Mom won't let him out of her site for the next, oh, 8 years or so. :)

He's lucky a mountain lion or bear didn't kill him.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Huh huh... you said pitch a tent.

Shutup Butthead! <smack>

Nice to see some good news for a change though. 4 days is a long time, specially when you're only 11.

6. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

The news put a smile on my face, can't imagine the "Christmas" the parents are having now.

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

Definitely some good news - nice to see. I didn't see in the article where it said how he got lost in the first place, though :confused:

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

just him being an eleven year old doesn't give reason why he got lost?

I have yet to see an eleven year old that can find the dunkin donuts in the hospital, never mind something in the wilderness

it is good that he was found.