"Missing" Window

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by billyergs, Nov 10, 2005.

1. billyergs macrumors member

Some how while using Safari my window moved off of my desktop. When I minimize using Apple+m I can see that the window is minimizing from the right way out of my monitors edge. How can I get it to center again? Restarting both my mac and safari does nothing.

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Very weird. Try hitting Cmd-W, and then clickin the Safari icon again. Or quitting and reopening Safari.

Edit: Doh! Just read FP more fully. In that case, I have no clue.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Select Reset Safari from the Safari menu and if that doesn't work, delete the Safari preference file (com.apple.Safari.plist) while Safari is closed and it should reset it to the default position. This is a pretty weird problem though, I wonder how it started...

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

Did you ever have a 2nd monitor set up? Have a look at the Displays System Pref, and see if there's another monitor showing up there for whatever reason. You'd probably already know, as you could "loose" your mouse off that side of the screen when you moved it over there, but it's worth a look as windows aren't supposed to be allowed to be entirely off the screen like that.

5. billyergs thread starter macrumors member

Deleting the preference file worked. Thank you.

Problem started happening last night after I had quit out of an SNES emulator.
    Maybe has something to do with screen resolution changing? I have no idea how I could have placed a window all the way over there manually.

Thanks again.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

No problems. Just out of interest, did resetting it not work? :)

7. billyergs thread starter macrumors member