Mission Accomplished Again

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by miloblithe, Jan 2, 2006.

1. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/02/AR2006010200370.html

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Looks like somebody's preparing for the 2006 fall election. :rolleyes:

3. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I suppose this makes sense since the U.S. can't be expected to completely rebuild Iraq, but it seems too soon. Then again, I'm not the one with the agenda nor facts. How long did we spend rebuilding Japan after WWII?

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

5. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Well the U.S. did go in and destory the place, it makes sense for the U.S. to rebuild it...etc

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

"We are not in the business of nation building" - guess who said that.

7. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I disagree. It makes sense for the U.S. to rebuild it to pre-invasion levels, but anything beyond that is unreasonable. Wasn't your country involved? Shouldn't they help out with the cost?:p

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i agree, so long as the US can also perform some 31,000 resurrections.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That was before 9-11, which as we all know, "changed everything."

10. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

We're actually puppets for you lot, no one here supported the war and Tony the tiger still sided with you lot. Maybe he should pay it all himself!

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

There's a long way to go before it's up to pre-invasion levels.

12. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

So who do we blame? George & Dick? or the lack of Intelligence of the CIA? Thats the great thing of Govt & Commitees there is never one person to take the blame. Blame the agency,the beaucracy or the president but its the American people and Iraqi people who got screwed in this deal though Dick Cheneys Haliburton is very happy. Mission accomplished.

13. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

It's relative, but here's a snapshot that looks fairly good: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10667278/from/RSS/

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Amazing. They spend $9 billion on half-repairing the infrastructure they destroyed, and they think that's enough? Iraq was forced to pay $48 billion in reparations after GW1, $18 billion of which was paid to Kuwait. And that was at 1991 prices. Something stinks.

15. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Where did you get that number from? Congress has allocated over $18 billion tthrough June 2007.:confused:

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Half was spent on "security": i.e. paying mercenaries.

17. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Gotcha.:)

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No kidding. Combined with our force reduction in Afghanistan and the cluster**** that constitutes rebuilding New Orleans, Bush looks ready to half-ass the trifecta.

Ah well, it's what you get when you elect a 'C' student.

And just wait until the conservatives scream about how terrible government is at doing things...

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I think it's more like he's quarter-assing the whole ticket.

20. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

The important thing we need to remember is, Bush doesn't give a flying flip about anything but Bush.

He went after Afghanistan because he had to. And it was a convenient stepping stone to Iraq, which is what he really wanted.

He dropped New Orleans like a hot potato as soon as people looked the other way. He didn't care about rebuilding, he only cared about looking like he was caring in order to keep the masses happy and his polls from tailspinning.

The man is a born-again narcissist.

21. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I'm just wondering when it will come out that Bush had sex in the White House. That, as you all know is everyone's business and an impeachable offense. Thank heaven we have Bush to restore dignity to the Oval Office.

22. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You're giving him far too much credit. Even 1/16 of an ass would mean he was actually doing something right. You'd think that being surrounded by all of those asses, they could at least do a half assed job.

23. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

bush and his war machine will find a way to stay long after that and the president will hand the next president a huge mess

24. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I'm willing to bet that drinking a gallon o' bourbon a day for 20 years takes the lead out of your pencil.

Now, the American people are getting ****ed by the White House every day, and it's certainly with Bush's Dick, and it may be orgasmic for him, but it fails to meet the quality of being a sexual scandal.

25. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If we're still in Iraq by '08, it will be the Democrats problem, as I doubt there will be many Republicans left in the government.