Missy Elliot, Copy Protected Cds & i-tunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sammyb1, Dec 24, 2003.

1. sammyb1 macrumors newbie

So I was bad and opened a christams present early - I got the new Missy Elliot CD - This Is Not A Test.... which is testing my patience.
    It has it's own music player...and I cant import the songs into i-tunes, when they do import they are all of 8 secs long....is there a way to beat this pesky problem?
    All I want to do is put the tunes on my i-pod.

2. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

Re: Missy Elliot, Copy Protected Cds & i-tunes

I remember reading that you could use a Sharpie and black out the outer ring of the CD to disable copy protection. You may have to look online to find the article or maybe someone on these forums might know more about it.

Here's an interested article that discusses copy protection and Apple's stance on it

3. neut macrumors 68000

neut

what about toast? can it see the files? i'm assuming finder does not see the CDDA files...

peace.

btw- i got that cd off the iTunes store...it's ok; some cool beats, but she's needs some content in her songs. Timberland is good, but he's no Chad and Pharell (or Pharell and Chad for that matter ;)).

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Try using Onyx or TinkerTool to turn invisible files on, then see if you can get the individual files off of the CD.