Mistake??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mikev, Oct 8, 2005.

  1. mikev macrumors newbie

    mikev

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2005
    Location:
    Mililani, Hawaii
    #1
    Hi all,
    This is most likely a really dumb question. Just got a new Powerbook, last week(opps). What if this new event on the 12th has new better Powerbooks,(I would like the newest one out) what are my options? I'm still within the 14 day window.
    Be nice :)
     
  2. mikev thread starter macrumors newbie

    mikev

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2005
    Location:
    Mililani, Hawaii
    #3
    Apple store. It says on my receipt that I have 14 days.
     
  3. zap2 macrumors 604

    zap2

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2005
    Location:
    Washington D.C
    #4
    if ur in the 14 day window your set,

    if they update after that do not get mad, you have a POWERBOOK, still better than any of those Windows Boxes!
     
  4. RoxStrongo macrumors regular

    RoxStrongo

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2005
    Location:
    Bournemouth, UK
    #6
    Should I purchase?

    I'm looking to get a BTO PM G5 and am fully aware that there may be an update this week. I really need a computer soon and can't afford to wait weeks to receive the updated version. Is it still possible to purchase a BTO and get it updated to the newer model if one is released and available quickly within this 10 or 14 day window?
    cheers.
     
  5. TrumanApple macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2005
    #7
    but doesnt that leave apple with the loophole saying they did not "lower" their prices, but came out with a new product. Meaning that you couldnt return you powerbook because a new product came out...
     
  6. mikev thread starter macrumors newbie

    mikev

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2005
    Location:
    Mililani, Hawaii
    #8
    I bought my Powerbook at the Apple store here in Hawaii...
     
  7. Bear macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    Sol III - Terra
    #9
    You are in a tough position, my suggestion is to wait until Wednesday and then decide and order. Or you can order now and cancel/change the order (possibly) when new PowerMacs are announced. If the delay in shipping is really due to new models being announced soon, chagning your order should be no problem, but if it's due to a component issue, your unit might ship and then the new PowerMacs could be announced in a couple of weeks.

    Someitmes a BTO on new models can be had in a few days. The high end model might be tough to latch on to quickly, there is some pent up demand for a high end PowerMac where people are waiting for whatever the announcement will be.
     
  8. solvs macrumors 603

    solvs

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2002
    Location:
    LaLaLand, CA
    #10
    It would be the new price of the old machine. Like if Apple sold the new one at the same price (or more), but the old model started selling for a couple of hundred dollars cheaper. You get a couple of hundred dollars back.
     
  9. RoxStrongo macrumors regular

    RoxStrongo

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2005
    Location:
    Bournemouth, UK
    #11
    yeh that is my problem. I can't really afford to wait for a new machine but it would also seem crazy to not wait until wednesday for them to incorporate something like PCIe and dual-dualcore. Single dual-core doesn't bother me as it is my understanding that unless an app is threaded correctly then it will not take advantage of it anyway.looks like I will be waiting and hoping I get what I want.
     

Share This Page