Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGav, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iGav macrumors G3

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I doubt very few cars will be as effective at clearing the fastlane as this puppy. :D

Rinky dink link

2. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Me likes.. a lot. :)

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I like the way it looks now!!! Anyhow, it's a fantastic car as is... very few other cars can even compete w/ it-- w/out getting a bunch of bolt ons and other mods.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Eh

It seems to be quite popular to have that bulky front and center look lately-- the new Audis, VWs, even pick up trucks sport that. I don't particularly like it. But it seems to be catching on.

6. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

What a deliciously evil face it has!

If the final version looks like that..well, I wont buy one, but I will stare whenever one drives past. :D

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Holy f***...... :eek:

<rebreathing>

Ah, Better. They managed to make it look less boy-racerish but still very aggressive. That grille is reminiscent of the new Audis, and the headlights have a hint of the old Galant in them, at least from the front quarter angle.

I'll be in the market for a new car in about 2 years so maybe this will offer some competition to the Audi's, BMWs and Scooby WRXs I was planning on checking out. I had mainly ignored the Evo due to it's over-the top looks for a daily driver (ticket magnet).

8. Studawg7 macrumors regular

awesome, that looks pretty cool. is it mitsubishi that is giving away a years worth of gas for new cars now? i thought i saw something like that on TV the other night.

9. belvdr macrumors 601

I'm with you on the front. I can't quite figure out what is so great about it, sort of like I can't quite figure out what is so great about the Honda Element or the H2.

10. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Its a Mitsubishi, nuf said.

if you like them, youll think I was being nice.
    if you dont, youll think I was being an ass.

your choice.

11. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

I like the old one better. the tail lights look dumb.

12. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

I always hate it when zit faced punks in Mitsubishi's try to ram my Porsche :p

13. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Meh, dull looking thing really. I appreciate what the Evo's do but have never liked the styling.

14. efoto macrumors 68030

The new front end, specifically the lights, looks pretty sweet and less race-like or something....better for the street.

As much as I prefer the professional styling an Audi or BMW gives, I can't get over the TopGear test of this puppy in "tripod" mode, simply awesome that it can do that :D

15. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Not bad. Looks like it'd eat babies. I like it.

16. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I have always loved the Lancer series. This is beautiful

17. belvdr macrumors 601

Whatever that means.... Is this something a teenager would understand? I mean Mitsubishi also makes the Lancer, and it's no hot car. What does "Its [sic] a Mitsubishi, nuf said." mean?

18. belvdr macrumors 601

My neighbor has a beatiful blue 2003 Evo. Very nice, although the fart cannon style muffler is a little much at 6am.

19. efoto macrumors 68030

But that cannon and sponsor-style stickers each add 10hp, so he needs them :rolleyes:

20. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

The exhaust (which would probably only be a tip, not even true exhaust) adds 50 hp while each and every decal adds another 50 hp. Geeze efoto, get the specs straight!

21. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I like it, it doesn't look like it was adapted from a lesser car anymore.

22. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    Looks just about as bad as the new WRX/STi (which I extremely hate). Glad to that both of the two japanese WRC manufacturers have total crackheads for designers. I guess my tastes are changing or something, but I greatly prefer the new Focus design and the Citroën C4 WRC car.

23. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Ford have missed a trick with the Focus ST... underpowered and crippled by FWD, Ford should have done the right thing and resurrected the Cosworth name, with 4WD and 300+bhp.

24. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

ya, the ST looks pretty sweet, but it really should be AWD. I think the 220hp or whatever it is would probably be enough for me though.

This EVO looks viscious. I like it a lot. I'm all about the gaping grills. Not so much just big grills, like the 300 or the new audi grill, but the ones that really look like a gaping mouth, about to swallow that happy little VW bug.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I always thought the Shelby Cobra would make an excellent car for the villain in a herby movie.

25. efoto macrumors 68030

What was I thinking!? How could I have forgotten specs like that :rolleyes:

At least on an Evo that fart-can of an exhaust is more than likely performance based, probably stock even. I hate it when you see the stupid little ricer cars running around where all they did was stick a 4in. tip on their .75in. piping. When they start running 3-4in. header-back or turbo-back exhaust full, and actually kick out decent numbers instead of wanna-be decent sound, well then they might gain slight respect, maybe.

I prefer another breed however. Go German autos, oh yeah :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.