Mitt Romney ranting about the 2nd coming of Christ.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Coleman2010, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Coleman2010, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012

macrumors 68000

2. macrumors 603

I love how he tries to justify controlling what other people do through his wackjob fairy tale beliefs.

wake up people.

3. macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Exactly. Thank god Obama isn't a theist.

4. macrumors 603

No. Thank "god" Obama doesn't try to pass legislation to force his beliefs on everyone.

Nice troll attempt though. :rolleyes:

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

Jesus is going to return and give religious law from Jeruselm and Missouri??? WTF?

6. macrumors 65816

aerok

I love Romney, he has been my go to guy for my humor needs during a large part of 2012.

7. macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thank you for adding the new qualifier - that a theist is not a "wackjob fairy tale believer" unless they are mormon.

Once again, thank god Obama isn't a wackjob fairy tale believer.

8. macrumors 65816

juanm

Well, at least you've got to admit that the evidence is overwhelming!

[​IMG]

9. macrumors 65816

aerok

Well to be fair, some religion are much wacky than others... that includes Mormons. I'm not saying it's wrong but they tend to have ''different'' ways of interpreting themselves.

10. macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I agree with you.

I'm just trying to understand who qualifies as a "wackjob fairy tale believer" - whether it is all theists, or just the theists with whom someone disagrees. So far, it sounds like it's only the theists with whom someone disagrees, and everyone else gets a wackjob pass.

11. macrumors 603

Serious question:

Shouldn't that be the third coming of Christ? First in Judea, second in the Americas (which see: The Book of Mormon), third in the Eschaton or End days. Or does the appearance in the Americas count as part of the first time?

12. macrumors 65816

aerok

That is very true but also the fact is that we have yet to have seen a video of Obama preaching crazy religious words privatly.

13. macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Again, I don't disagree. But the OP title makes special note of "the second coming of Christ." Unlike some nuts out there, I don't think Obama is a Muslim. I think he is Christian.

I also think Christians believe in "the second coming of Christ." I was just trying to stay on-topic and get the tools needed to identify "wackjob fairy tale believers" noted in Post No. 2.

14. macrumors 65816

So in the video he throws a tantrum, walks out, and dodges the question.

And half the country is voting for this guy? So very unpresidential. Anyone here old enough to confidently claim that Romney may be the worst presidential candidate ever?

15. macrumors P6

Peace

Folks. There ain't gonna be any Missouri when Jesus returns.

just sayin'

;)

16. macrumors 65816

aerok

Well Christians have to believe in the second coming of the Christ. Even Muslims believe in that too. It is the way he interpreted it that makes him a funny wacko :D

17. macrumors 68030

Nah. Next announcement will be that the Mormons got the map wrong and it all took place in Ohio. Then the GOP will air ads saying that Jesus was from Ohio and Romney will make Ohio be a glorious heavenly battleground.

18. macrumors 65816

aerok

Romnesia?

19. macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

Religion has no place in politics
    In fact, religion has no place in modern times! It's just nonsense

20. macrumors 65816

aerok

This should hold true for Western culture countries (And some Asian) but it is morally wrong to judge the traditions and morals of a nation that mix politics and religion.

But still I am a strong believer that religion and politics should never be mixed.

21. macrumors 6502

What I just don't understand, what's it to you what a woman is doing to her body even if you don't agree with it based on your religious morals? How does an abortion unrelated to you affect you? Where is that magical umbilical cord?

If one person can give me a logical answer - one undeniable reason - to those questions, I'll never ridicule religious morals in politics ever again.

22. macrumors 65816

aerok

Rapists want to keep their child? Is that a valid logical reason? (I tried very hard)

23. macrumors 603

Personally, I think anyone who bases their entire view of life and the world on a fictional book wrote a few thousand years ago as a means to control people is a "wackjob fairy tale believer".

That said, I have no problem with them believing in this. People can believe in whatever they want. I do have a problem when someone uses their beliefs as a basis to restrict the rights of others who don't necessarily have the same beliefs. I don't care if it's a Mormon, Baptist, Evangelical, Muslim, Scientologist, whatever. Believe what you want but when you try to use these beliefs as a reason to control others, you've crossed the line.

24. macrumors 6502

They aren't and they have never been. The US has an Establishment Clause (1st Amendment) prohibiting a religion to set the standard of law. It's a clear separation of church and state but in some twisted loophole-logic many people of Christian faith believe they have the right to attach their religious morals to the politics of that country.

And since there is no such clause, one is allowed to judge them from a political standpoint.

25. macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I couldn't agree more with this post. Seriously. I do not want anyone using politics/legislation to push their religion. I certainly hope Romney won't.

I likewise agree with you that Obama is a wackjob fairy tale believer.

Looks like we have more in common than not.