Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
I'm about to go mad here with how much time I've spent on this already.

I need a way to restart my Time Capsule remotely from time to time to resolve some networking issues that creep up since it's my main router as well.

I've created a AppleScript and it works fine in both the .scpt and .app formats you can export it as, except ONLY when executed locally on the Mac the script resides on.

If I SSH in from another Mac or whatever and do for example...
open ./RestartNetwork.app <enter> (In this example, it's in my users home directory and the AppleScript is in a .app format)

It'll actually launch the application (Airport Utility) but will not complete the steps as desired and as it does when executed locally via Terminal or just double clicking on it.

Here's the code.

Code:
activate application "AirPort Utility"
delay 4
tell application "System Events"
	click image 2 of group 1 of scroll area 1 of window 1 of application process "AirPort Utility"
	delay 3
	click menu item 3 of menu "Base Station" of menu bar 1 of application process "AirPort Utility"
	delay 1
	keystroke tab
	keystroke tab
	keystroke space
end tell

My only thoughts are either it's a timing issue and I need to increase the delays or executing via ssh remotely does something different user wise and results in it not fully working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

lokiju

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Anyone out there have any suggestions? Is there maybe a better section to post this in?

There's been nearly 600 views of this but not a single reply. Surely there has there must be someone who can give some suggestions...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.