ML server how to?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by gyuszike, Jan 30, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2012

I'm new to MacOsX server. Actually just wanted to learn about it, how to use, what can I do with it... I got documentation for it, read it through. So I got the, installed it on my running ML system. As I read it it supposed to be really easy to set the things up. Just wanted to set up a server allowing Local Network and VPN connections. I don't need registered domain name for that just my local host name like server.local or server.example.private for the VPN. After this step I allowed the to manage my time capsule and after the Push Notification window I got this message: 'A server with the specified hostname could not be found.' And the whole installation process stops. What did I do wrong? The host name is working, checked in terminal with ping. Tried to look it up on several forums, I couldn't find my answer.
    I hope somebody can help me...

2. macrumors 65816

Oct 19, 2012
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2012
  4. macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2012
    If you want videos...this guy is awesome! Im currently working through them as we speak