[ML] Some icons are pixelated?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Astroblu, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Astroblu, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

macrumors newbie

Hi, upgraded to Mountain Lion a couple days ago and did a clean install.
    I've just noticed that some of the icons are pixelated, here are a few screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone else has this problem or knows how to fix it please let me know!

EDIT: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I wasn't sure where else to go.

2. macrumors newbie

Bump, this issue is minor and doesn't stop me from doing anything but it really annoys me!

3. macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Very odd.
    Try repairing permissions in disk utility.
    [​IMG]

4. macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

What happens if you click on one of the icons, press command + i to get info and then click the icon and do command + x to cut the icon? Does it go back to normal?

pac

5. macrumors regular

triptolemus

Shot in the dark here, but... anything funky going on with screen resolution settings? Make sure Best for Display is selected..?

6. macrumors newbie

I tried that and it came up with these results:

[​IMG]

I'll try restarting and see what happens.

7. macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Core graphics is what controlls the graphics.
    What happened after the restart?

8. macrumors newbie

I also tried this and it fixed the icon but then other icons are still pixelated, like if I save a text edit document the preview icon is messed up and I don't really want to have to do this to every single file it happens to.

My graphic/resolution settings are also on best.

----------

The icons that were pixelated were fixed but like I said in my previous post, the new files like text edit documents are not fixed.

9. macrumors newbie

BUMP -- Same Problem Here -- Any Solution?

I have been experiencing the same problem on my mid-2008 iMac ever since I upgraded to Mountain Lion. It weird because it's only certain icons, and it happens very randomly. There are also a few instances where no icon shows up at all, just the file/folder name.

When I try to apple-i these files, no icon shows up in the info panel either, and it is not possible to select where the icon should be and delete it or apple-x it. If I take those files and airdrop them to another mac running lion or snow leopard, the file and its icon will show up just fine on the other mac.

I installed mountain lion on my iMac from a fresh install -- last night I gave in and wiped my entire hard-drive again, reinstalled Mountain Lion from scratch, and am still having issues with pixelated and/or non-existant icons. From my end, I think I have reset everything that there is to reset -- clearly this is a problem with the OS as my computer worked fine before mountian lion and all my other computers are displaying these icons without problems.

Any solutions yet?