MLB 2k6 (360)

Discussion in 'Games' started by mkubal, Apr 11, 2006.

1. mkubal macrumors 6502a

I knew I shouldn't have bought this game, but I did. It seems that a large number of people are having problems with freezing. Like me, they tend to get in one full game and then all games after that freeze in the third or fourth inning. It's like they used an early alpha build as the master.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70&order=desc

Thanks 2k sports for the crappy game. Hopefully I can get my money back from GameStop. More than likely I'll have to exchange it for some other game or offer to reserve a couple games. Or maybe I'll end up having to dispute the charge on my credit card. Sounds like fun.

Anyone else had the privilege of buying this crappy game?

</rant>

2. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I bought and haven't experienced any problems at all. I think the graphics are pretty good but I'm not used to the new pitching and batting system. Sorry to hear about your problems though.

3. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm very interested to hear other reviews on this game...thus far I've received mixed reviews.

4. mkubal thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought the game wasn't too bad for the time I got to play. It had some glitches (player runs through the outfield wall, throwing runners out at first from right field), but so did all of the baseball games I've played. It would be acceptable if I could play it. :(

Edit: And as for the new pitching and hitting systems, I turned them off. I turned the hitting to classic mode and the pitching to zone pinpoint. Much more understandable.

5. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

After a little more time with it I love it. It's far from perfect but as mkubal said, I've never played a baseball game that didn't have one glitch. I haven't noticed any runners running through the outfield wall but I have thrown a runner out from right field and the announcers are off. For example, I was in the top of the 13th and had Neal Cotts pitching. I struck one batter out and they congratulated Mark Beuhrle for pitching a shut out complete game. After playing against the computer (I played against some friends earlier) I love the new hitting and pitching systems. They're a lot more challenging and realistic, which some people may or may not like. But as mkubal said again, you can go back to the old systems if you would like.

I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

6. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

If the 360's freezing problems are like the ones I've been haivng on the original Xbox, then I'm not surprised you're disappointed. It's miserable.

7. mkubal thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'd give it a seven just for the number of glitches it seems to have. EA's MVP had a number of glitches, but MLB seems to have a boat load.

Another interesting glitch: I was throwing a bunch of passed balls with a runner on second and he would break for third and then go back to second when the ball bounced to my catcher. It was absurd because he did it for three or four consecutive passed balls and on the fourth or fifth time I threw the ball to second after my catcher picked it up and managed to tag the runner out.

On a brighter note I managed to play a through an entire game this morning without freezing. Very strange. I'll have to try it again at lunch and see if the freezing has magically disappeared.

8. mkubal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, even on the original XBox. How crappy could their programming skills be?