MLB highlights on mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ero87, Apr 4, 2006.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

I'm suddenly having trouble watching highlights on mlb.com; flip4mac doesn't seem to work, and it doesn't really work when flip4mac is turned off either.

does it work for anyone else? I appreciate any advice, these highlights are shockingly important to my life.

(ps. I think this is different from a recent post about MLB.TV, they use a different media format).

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I just checked it out on my Powerbook (see profile) running 10.4.6 with flip4mac installed. I didn't have any problems, aside from the video being a bit choppy. Audio/video playback was fine.

3. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

then can you show me your flip4mac settings, please? mine might be wrong - i don't know what most of those checkboxes mean.

edit: also, do you have to let the whole video load before you can view it?

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I've only looked at the highlight from the main page, no mlb.tv subscription. So I can't testify as to whether that works or not.
    The video streams fine, no need to completely load before playing

Here's what flip4mac looks like in sys prefs:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope this helps

5. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

6. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

On a semi-related topic, I'm running Flip4Mac on an Intel iMac and I can't get it to work with any WMV from any websites. I'm assuming the problem is because it's not a universal binary yet but I was wondering if anyone else could shed some light onto it and if you knew when it would be ready. Thanks a lot.