MLB repair turns into major overhaul!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dpwdpw, Aug 24, 2006.

1. dpwdpw macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2006
    So I have a week 11 15" MBP, and responded to the KB article for an M1 MLB replacement - CPU 'whine'. After 3 weeks (!) it's back, the whine has gone, but I've also got:

left fan
    right fan

as well... Is this a record?
  2. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2006
    Haha, sounds to me liek youve got a pretty bad '"apple"
  3. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    I'm confused - are you saying all these things are now bad, or that they also replaced them :confused:

If you did get a new battery, it's not surprising given the recent recall.

Edit: seems as though the consensus is that these were also replaced. Guess they figured while they were in there, they'd do some housecleaning. Didn't get any additional RAM or anything, did you? ;)
  4. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    Sounds to me like you should have a pretty "good" apple by now.
  5. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    I'm assuming it's the latter, hence the thread title...
  6. elbirth macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2006
    North Carolina, US
    maybe mine will come back like that, who knows. It's currently been 14 days since I sent mine in for a couple things heat related that weren't fixed the first time I sent it in... and it's been on hold for 12 of those 14 days. The person I talked to on the phone said they're waiting on a case replacement (there was some big paint/coating flaking on mine that's getting repaired) and the estimated date of completion is the 31st ( :eek: :mad: :mad: )
    Even putting it on the business critical list doesn't seem to have helped much... I need that thing back for work, badly