mlb.tv not loading video on ipad 4

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by davideotape, May 7, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

anyone else having issues with mlb.tv? i open At Bat, it checks my location and just keeps sayin "loading video"

its jailbroken but im running it normally, and my ipad mini is jailbroken too and works fine.

ive reinstalled the app, restarted the ipad, etc.

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

3. macrumors newbie

I am having exactly the same problems, and saw this old thread when googling for solutions.
    mlb.tv on Apple TV - no problem
    mlb.tv on laptop - no problem
    mlb.tv At Bat app on iPad Air - I can view highlight clips, "look in" clips and listen to live audio, however I just get the eternal "loading video" message when trying to stream a full game (live and archive).

mlb.tv have suggested all the usual trouble shooting options, e.g. hard resets, reinstall app, change DSN settings etc., but with no result.

Any ideas?

N.B. iPad not jailbroken, happily runs NFL Gamepass, Netflix etc.

4. macrumors 68030

BrianBaughn

I'm running At Bat on an original iPad (iOS 5) and it still works, believe it or not.

I've had an occasional issue like you're describing but it works eventually after some finagling like you've been attempting.

5. macrumors newbie

Brian
    Thank you. Unfortunately my problem appears to be of the permanent variety rather than a temporary glitch, at least as far as iOS 7.1.2 is concerned. mlb.tv support are stuck for any further solutions, which is a shame.
    Looks like I will be unsubscribing.

6. macrumors 68030

BrianBaughn

It does work on my iPhone 5S with 7.1.2.