mmmmm, a mac puts the mind at peace..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 758, Jul 23, 2006.

1. 758 macrumors newbie

mmk, my friend installed Mac OS X on one of my home pc's (took quite a while to...had to go find a new video card, etc etc) and I have to say, after being a devout Linux user, I absolutly love Mac. It's simple and very user friendly, but then again powerful because of its UNIX kernel and such. In FACT, I loved Mac so much, I'm buying a MacBook in the next few weeks ;D! Can't wait till i get it.

Oh by the way, to anyone who might have a solution. OS X didn't recognize my onboard ethernet port. Im running it on an Asus P5P800. Any suggestions?

2. iShane macrumors 6502a

Whoa. You're running Mac OS X on a Windows/Linux computer?

3. 758 thread starter macrumors newbie

yep, custom built. Tried to get it on a Dell Dimension 2400 but the video SUCKED and that model doesnt come with an AGP port (for the video card). Tried to put it on my HP Pavilion ze4900 but it didnt recognize the keyboard, so i ended up putting it on a custom built that I built a little while back. It installed and ran just fine (other than video, but like i said i got a video card) on that machine.

4. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Some people are going to be SOOO pissed at you. But I've done it, and i've converted LOTS of people into buying mac computers. OSX is like a gateway drug.

5. 758 thread starter macrumors newbie

well, at least im using mac right?

and yes it is! like i said, im buying a macbook and soon as i get the money!

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Just so we're all clear on the rules....

As with any software piracy discussion (and this is one of those), arn allows such discussions but no specifics. So... keep away from links and details, OK?

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Glad to hear that you like Mac OS so much that you decided to buy a MacBook 758! :)

8. 758 thread starter macrumors newbie

and man i can't wait to get it!!

while that subject has come up, does anyone have on of the 13.3 inch MacBooks? That's the size I am planning to buy and I'm wondering if the size of the screen and resolution are good for everyday work and such. I own a 15 inch (laptop, pc) right now, and i'm thinking that a 13 wouldnt be that big of a difference...

9. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It's not that much smaller than a 15", especially if the 15" you had wasn't widescreen. I'm moving up from the 12" PowerBook, but also down from a 14" Pismo from not long ago, and I'd say the screen is just about perfect. The Pismo was too big overall, the 12" was a little small sometimes, but this one works fine. Plenty of room for Dreamweaver and Photoshop pallets, etc, and only FireWorks has stuff that gets in my way because of their insistence on using that big horizontal pallet for the tool options.

jW

10. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

Awesome!! Glad you decided to buy a MacBook! It's a great feeling to be sitting behind a Mac. Post pics when you get it! ;)