Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What's your favorite kind of cookie

• Total voters

jdechko

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
So I'm sitting here at work eating some cookies I got yesterday, and that got me thinking. What is everyone's favorite type of cookie? (I tried to include the most common types that I know of).

MultiM

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2006
TO. I've moved!
This is nasty. I just started the Southbeach Diet this week. I won't cheat and get a cookie though.....no matter how much I may want one now.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
That's a really, really tough one. If I saw a peanut butter cookie, a chocolate chip cookie, and a sugar cookie, all sitting next to each other waiting to be eaten by me, I think I would eat the sugar cookie first- especially if it was home made.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I'm never one to refuse a delicious fresh baked cookie. I picked Chocolate Chip (it's classic...and classic is always good), but I could have picked virtually any one of them.

Retired
May 16, 2006
How many people who voted either Choc chip or other wanted to select 'choc choc chip' mmmm...

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Ha-ha.. shortbread sucks! As proof, I offer this:

The executives in our department wanted to show us gratitude for pulling off a major coup with some nobel laureates recently.
There's 5 of us who were involved, all male, and this is what they sent us:

tg2010048.jpg

Lemon Tea Cookies & Shortbread Cookies in a flowery box.

IMO, that's how you say "I ****ing hate you", not "thank you".

Bastards. A shoebox with 5 $1 bills in it would have been better.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Mines Chocolate Chip. They're always good.

Why don't they make white chocolate chip cookies, why do they always have to add the Macadamias? I'd much rather just have the white chocolate; is it not good enough being alone they have to add a nut? It's not like regular chocolate chip doesn't do well without a nut added to the mix. I want a White Chocolate Chip Cookie Damnit! :D

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Right back where I started...
Of course Chocolate Chip - what else could it be?

I do like the white chocholate macadamia nut but my second would be what we call the snicker doodle - it is a cookie that is rolled in a ball and doused with cinnamon and sugar and then cooked - there were also these ones my friends mom made called forgotton cookies that had chocolate chips inside of a meringue and left in the oven over night after it was pre-heated and turned off...

Now I am craving chocolate chips..

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
Snickerdoodle is my favorite. I'd rather not vote "other" though and be lumped in with whatever weird gross cookies people like, so I voted for sugar, second best cookie. Mmmmmm snickerdoodle toffee cookie.

They have these pumpkin cookies at the grocery store right now as well, which are probably some of the most amazing cookies ever.

I only like my cookies when they are really really soft though. Hard cookies are lame.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Sorry. I did say "favorite" meaning your top favorite. I guess next time I'll have to be more specific. :)

And I listed all of the cookies that I could think of off the top of my head while composing the list.

And for me, Christmas time is the only acceptable time for shortbread cookies (in the tins) but I know some people that love them year-round so I included them.

I guess when the Girl-Scout cookies come out in March we can do a new thread for those, although I've heard they're given different names in different areas.
Like the chocolate covered peanut butter ones (in the red box) are called Tagalongs where I live now, but in South GA, they're called Peanut Butter Patties. Weird...

L

Lau

I'm not sure what a peanut butter cookie is, but it gets my vote. Mmm, peanut butter...:D

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Chocolate Chip Cookies. They follow me everywhere.

I do also like the pumpkin spiced cookies that are out now.

I like to microwave most of my cookies to get the chips warm and gooey (sp?)

jamone80

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2006
So Cal
i voted for white choc macadamia nut cookies. when fresh, they just seem to melt in your mouth..hmmm...the best thing about cookies is that they're alot like pizzas. you can put whatever u want on it and it'll taste good!

Applespider

macrumors G4
I make a mean double chocolate chip and pecan cookie - it's slightly like death by chocolate since it's got 3 bars of Green & Blacks 80% dark chocolate in it. Tastes gorgeous though.

And Dean's plain shortbread is the best store-bought biscuit anywhere. Those lemon ones aren't proper shortbread! On our occasional drives through Aberdeenshire, we'd buy fresh made Dean's at Huntly... wow! And their oatcakes... to die for!

Thanatoast

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2002
Denver
White chocolate is nasty nasty gross. Especially combined with Macadamia nuts in a cookie. Ew. You should all be committed.

I chose regular, good, pure and forthright chocolate chip. Had I seen snickerdoodle I might have paused, though. And snickerdoodles with butterscotch chips would've won hands down.

As for Girl Scout cookies. My favorite are Purple and Green. Orange is like eating tree bark with peanut butter. Yellow are just plain old bad. Call them by color, that's how I order them.

"Can I have two Greens and one Purple please? Thank you."

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I guess my favorite would be chocolate chip. Although there are more on the list there that I do like. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.