MMORPG's on Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by Metoyou, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Metoyou macrumors newbie

I'm planning to get a Mac soon, I might even try to hold out until Xmas so I can afford a Dual 2.5GHz PowerMac and 23" Apple Display :D

ANYWAY, I heard WoW is on the Mac but is there anything else like it on it, or on the cards to be released on the platform?

TIA

2. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Everquest and Shadowbane, but WoW is the only "new" mmorpg to my knowledge.

3. Metoyou thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

world of Warcraft will be out soon just wait for that and save your money. This will be the best mmorpg ever i played beta stress test. :)

5. vga4life macrumors 6502

I play YoHoHo! Puzzle Pirates on my Mac. http://www.puzzlepirates.com

I find it much more enjoyable than treadmill-style games like EQ.

-vga4life

6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I highly doubt that EQ2 will be released for Mac any time soon (if ever). EQ was like 5 years old by the time it came out for Mac.

7. Metoyou thread starter macrumors newbie

I wasn't a massive fan of WoW (i was in the us beta test and am currently in the euro one) and I just don't hold it in that high a regard...

It's a shame, I only need one good MMORPG to keep me happy, I dunno if WoW could do that for me :(

While I'm here, could someone link me to some good and large Mac Gaming Sites/Communities that I could maybe get involved with?

8. thomasd macrumors newbie

There's always ATITD

You could always try A tale in the desert . The Mac client is quite new and still in beta, but as of the latest patch it's working very well indeed on my Powerbook (Radeon 9600).

It's an interesting non-combat MMORPG, great if you enjoy crafting. Also has a free trial.

9. Skybug macrumors newbie

A running list of Mac mmorpgs

I have been asking myself the same question for a while and now put up a webpage with a list and links of the mac mmorpgs I know about:

MMORPGs 4 Mac